Telfar clothing and Man vs Machine. Both are minority owned and really are on the cutting edge of high fashion.
Our people from Pesonamagazine.net caught up with them for a fashion five questionnaire
1. When, where, and how did you get the line started?
I STARTED MY LINE AT THE AGE OF 18, I BEGAN CREATING DESIGNS FROM RECYCLED CLOTHING WHICH WHERE SOLD ON THE LOWER EAST SIDE NYC. TWO YEARS LATER I BEGAN SELF TITLED LINE ‘TELFAR’ WHICH IS UNISEX AND PLAYS ON IDEAS OF MIXING FASHION AND FUNCTION.
2. How do you feel about the company now and where it is headed?
VERY VERY POSITIVE I FEEL THAT THINGS ARE DEFINITELY MOVING TO A HIGHER LEVEL OF DESIGN CONCEPTS.
3. Who are some of your favorite designers?
JEAN PAUL GAULTIER AND HELMUT LANG
4. What is your goal for 2009??
TO SATISFY FASHIONABLE NEEDS AND URGES
5. What was your prized first purchase in fashion as a youth or as an adult??
A CALVIN KLINE BABY TEE
Nice…The Man VS Machine Backpacks are below and to put it perfectly frank, are dope! Check out some more clothes from Telfar as well.