What The Hell??? Swirl Couple Breakup Turns Fatal After Man Nearly Decapitates Girlfriend

- By Bossip Staff Categories: Arrests, End of Days, F*ck a Thug

Sarah Colt and Raul Barrera

This is a terrible tragedy. A 23-year-old woman died in New York City early Sunday morning after a breakup fight with her boyfriend turned fatal.

Neighbors say they heard Sarah Coit screaming for her life for nearly twenty minutes from the third-floor Lower East Side apartment she shared at 63 Clinton St. with her 33-year-old boyfriend Raul Barrera. Police say Coit was stabbed repeatedly at 2:30 a.m. Officers found her lying in the living room with her throat sliced open after receiving a number of 911 calls reporting the fight.

“She was yelling ‘No, no, stop, stop, don’t hurt me!’ ” said Brianna Andalore, 20, who was staying with a friend in the building. “My friend who lives here told me this has been going on for awhile, they’ve been fighting like that for months. We were watching from our front window, when she was brought out. The cops were yelling, ‘Don’t look, don’t look!’ Her head was almost off, her neck was wide open.”

“I heard her arguing with her boyfriend, it got very loud, she was yelling ‘Stop, get off me!’ Then she got real silent and I heard nothing else,” said Jason Figueroa, 15, who lives in the apartment above the victim’s.

Another witness, Joost Bohner, 33, who is visiting from Holland and was staying at 61 Clinton St., also heard screaming.

“I was sleeping in the back bedroom and I heard a lady screaming. I heard her yelling ‘Help me, Help me!’ ” Bohner said. “It went on for quite awhile, at least 20 minutes. She sounded like she was in distress. People from the building were yelling out ‘Where are you? What apartment?’ She never answered them, it was like she was in panic and shock. When she didn’t answer people started calling 911.”

Coit was taken to nearby Beth Israel Hospital where she died about an hour after arriving.

Barrera later came to the 9th precinct to turn himself in after calling a relative who advised him to do so. He told police the couple was breaking up when the argument broke out and quickly turned violent. He was taken to the 7th precinct stationhouse where he was charged with second-degree murder. Barrera was previously arrested last year for allegedly assaulting a man.

Neighbors say they’d heard Barrera and Coit fighting before, but never so loudly. Police had not made any prior visits to the address.

Coit originally hailed from Riverside, Conn., near Greenwich and a family friend told the press she came from a great family.

“[Coit] was their only daughter,” a family friend, who did not want to give her name, said.

“She was a great young woman,” she said. “They are wonderful people.”

Records show Coit’s father, Lynde Coit, is a prominent financial adviser. He and his wife, Anne Taylor, could not be reached for comment. Coit is also survived by two brothers.

Just crazy… A breakup should be something that two people both walk away from alive.

Source Source2


blog comments powered by Disqus