This is a really freak accident … or dude could just be a freak.
A truck driver in New Zealand, Steven McCormack, nearly popped after an air hose accidently got lodged in his buttocks.
“I felt the air rush into my body and I felt like I was going to explode,” he told 3News in New Zealand on Tuesday.
The 48-year-old was at Waiotahi Contractors where he worked, standing on the rigging between his truck and the trailer when he slipped and fell.
He landed on the hose connected to the semi’s airbrakes and broke it. The nozzle pierced his left buttocks and air from the tanks pumped into his body at 100 pounds per square inch.
“I was blowing up like a football,” he said. “I had no choice but just to lay there, blowing up like a balloon.”
The air separated his fat from his muscles, doctors said. It quickly filled his body, inflating his leg, chest and face. The pressure also caused his lungs to fill with fluid and compressed his heart.
Emergency personnel arrived nearly an hour later, but his condition made helping him difficult.
“They went to put a drip in me, but when they put the needle in, [the air] spit the needle out,” he said.
The freak accident left McCormack’s skin crackling with air bubbles. Although doctors were able to extract the excess fluids, the truck driver was forced to release the air in the only way possible.
“You can’t turn a tap on and let it out,” he told 3News. “You just have to burp it out, or fart it out.”
Wow! What are the odds? And having to wait almost an hour for emergency personnel to arrive is just ridiculous! Even though this accident sounds awfully painful, he should thank heavens he’s still alive and will fully recover. SMH … got to be more careful.