The top pick is pretty shocking. Need some antidepression pills?
There’s been a list of the city with the most miserable people and it’s pretty surprising. You can imagine that there are a ton of midwest cities on the list. But the top spot is a big surprise.
Take a look and maybe holler at the people at UHaul while you’re at it.
10. Warren, Mich. – The housing market collapsed in the Warren metro division, which includes Troy and Farmington Hills. The median home price is down 50% over the past three years, the second biggest drop in the U.S. after Detroit.
9. Rockford, Ill. – Property tax rates were fifth highest in the country in 2010. The median tax bill was $3,234 on home values of $136,000 for a rate of 2.4%.
8. Toledo, Ohio – The city is ensnared in a scandal within its Department of Neighborhoods that involves alleged bid rigging and stolen funds. The FBI and U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development are investigating the crimes. Toledo scores poorly when it comes to income and property tax rates.
7. Fort Lauderdale, Fla. – The spring break mecca has been hit hard by the housing downturn. Median home prices in the metro division that includes Pompano Beach and Deerfield Beach are down 50% since 2006 to a recent $183,000.
6. Chicago, Ill. – The Windy City is a cultural and financial center, but its residents must endure gridlock traffic, high property taxes and brutal winters. Commute times to work average 31 minutes, eighth worst in the U.S.
5. Sacramento, Calif. – Sacramento’s lone pro sports team is flirting with a move to Anaheim unless the city delivers financing for a new arena. Sac-Town might not miss them. The team has lost 73% of its games since the start of the 2008-09 season. Foreclosures in California’s capital were among the 10 highest last year.
4. West Palm Beach, Fla. – South Florida has long been stained by corruption. One of the latest examples: Jose Rodriguez, the mayor of Boynton Beach (part of the West Palm metropolitan division) was suspended from his office last month by Gov. Rick Scott after he was arrested for allegedly using his position to obstruct a child abuse probe involving his wife’s estranged daughter. Home prices in the West Palm area are off 50% since 2006.
3. Flint, Mich. – Flint razed 775 abandoned homes in the year ending October 2011, to try and change the city landscape. The state of Michigan appointed an emergency manager last year to take over Flint’s budget and operations. Crime remains a severe problem with the violent crime rate the third worst in the U.S.
2. Detroit, Mich. – Detroit has closed schools and laid off police in an effort to avoid a bankruptcy filing this year. Home prices are down 54% the past three years, worst in the U.S. The median price was $38,000 last year in the Detroit-Livonia-Dearborn metro division.
1. Miami, Fla. – The housing crisis has devastated Miami with 47% of homeowners sitting on underwater mortgages. Foreclosures have been rampant with 364,000 properties in the Miami area entering the foreclosure process since 2008 according to RealtyTrac.
More On Bossip!
More Stories From Bossip
Bitter Teyana Taylor Posts Tae Heckard's Texts & Number In Petty Twitter Beef!
#ThisBody: Gabby Sidibe Flaunts Her SUPER Slimmed Down...
Baby, Baby, Baby: Ashanti’s Most Fantastically...
No Sorcery Needed: Fantasia Flaunts Her Ultimate Glo Up...
Life Comes At You Fast: Black TV Stars Who Look Nothing Like...
Catfish Alert: A Shocking Gallery Of Camera Angle Sorcery...
That’s Caitlyn’s Boy: Brody Jenner Cancels...
Blame The Game: Here Is The Tragic Footage Of Beanie Sigel...