Another February 7th has come and gone. Some choose to call it “Dilla Day” while others choose to refer to February as “Dilla Month.” Jay Dee AKA J Dilla started out as a producer/MC that was mostly known in underground Hip-Hop circles. He later became a revered producer and musician amongst mainly music insiders and Hip-Hop cognoscenti. Now a full six years after his passing he is so widely regarded that if a Hip-Hop site, magazine or portal, no matter their size, doesn’t acknowledge him they look like ignorant jerks. How did this happen? Also, how is J Dilla and his extensive body of work viewed now versus when he was still among us?
Subscribe to Bossip on YouTube!
- Race Matters: White Supremacists Set Fire To Church Attended By Mike Brown Sr. In Ferguson
- #NoJustice #NoPeace: Child Murderer Darren Wilson Pens Open Letter Thanking His Supporters
- #NoJusticeForMikeBrown Celebrities React To The Grand Jury Deciding Not To Indict Darren Wilson
- #ArrestDarrenWilson Grand Jury Reaches Decision In Case Of Ferguson Officer
- Fear Of Black Skin: Unarmed Black Man Gunned Down By Rookie NYPD Officer Because It Was Dark & He Couldn’t See
- Cleveland Police Release Video Of Shooting Of 12-Year-Old Tamir Rice
- STL Cop Was Arrested & Suspended In July For Breaking Man’s Fingers
- Killer Mike Fights Through Tears While Addressing Ferguson [VIDEO]
- Darren Wilson Injuries Revealed, Cop Pens Open Letter Thanking Supporters [Photos]
- 10 Planned Protests To Attend For Michael Brown
- “It Burns So Bad!” St. Louis Protesters Pepper Sprayed By Police While Preparing For “Ferguson October”
- How Do We Make The Issue Of Police Brutality A Campaign Stump Issue?
- Jury Set To Hear Statement From Police Officer Who Killed A 7 Year Old Black Girl During Raid
- Utah Police Shot Darrien Hunt 6 Times Because He Carried A Toy Sword
- Witness Recalls Horrid Scene Of Seeing Mike Brown Shot
- After Ferguson: Here’s The Talk That Needs To Happen
- No Justice, No Profit: Leaders Plan Black Friday Boycott
- New Study: Black Children Viewed ‘Less Innocent’ Than Whites
- Ferguson Verdict Updated: a Mother’s Cry & a City on Fire
- Inequity Commission: Can Activists Fix Ferguson?
- Tyga & Kylie Jenner — Mission Impossible … to Believe They're Not Dating
- Rick Ross — Jalen Rose's $100k Bet Was a Joke
- Rick Ross — I Might Riot Too If I Were in Ferguson … 'Cause Darren Wilson Is a LIAR!
- Macaulay Culkin and R&B Singer … Tongues Tied (VIDEO)
- Jeremy Lin — I Ease The Pain Of Losing … With a McFlurry
- 13 Goth Photos Of Lorde — Happy Black Friday