George Zimmerman will be allowed to post bond for a second time as he awaits trial on a second-degree murder charge in the shooting death of Miami Gardens teen Trayvon Martin, a judge ruled Thursday.
In a written ruling, Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester set Zimmerman’s bond at $1 million.
Lester revoked Zimmerman’s $150,000 bond last month after prosecutors said he and his wife misled them about his finances during an April bond hearing.
Zimmerman and his wife, Shellie, had raised around $135,000 at the time of the April hearing, prosecutors said.
Prosecutors said the couple talked in code while discussing the money in conversations recorded while Zimmerman was in jail.
“They used code, they used other words other than ‘9,000 dollars’ to make sure that whoever was listening wasn’t aware of what was going on,” prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda said during a bond hearing last week. “Why was that done? It was done to hide the money, so that they could deceive the court, lie to the court.”
Shellie Zimmerman was arrested on a perjury charge and later bonded out of jail.
Zimmerman, 28, was arrested and charged in April in the shooting of Martin, 17, on Feb. 26 in a gated community in Sanford. Zimmerman has pleaded not guilty and claims the shooting was self-defense.
Do you think George should have been issued bond again?
More Stories From Bossip
Basketball Wives Reunion: Shaunie Doesn't Want Brandi & Duffey
Celebrity Seeds: Angela Simmons Poses With Her Precious...
Lost Ones: Soccer Star Has Dated Two Of The Baddest Women...
Internet Goes Crazy After Kanye Calls Out Jay Z
Swirl United: Tristan Thompson Allegedly Dropped To One...
Jaheim Roasted For Hair Style
Iyanla Fix My Life: Lotto Winner Spent Millions Get Boyfriend Out Jail
Tamar Braxton's Had ENOUGH Of Toya Wright...