Former Real World Cast Member Dies From Drug Overdose
A former ‘Real World’ cast member who struggled with alcohol addiction and was even sent to rehab on the show was found dead late last night in a Chicago apartment.
An autopsy is expected to be performed today on reality TV star Joey Kovar, who was found dead in suburban Chicago on Friday.
The Chicago Tribune reports that police are conducting a death investigation but no foul play is suspected. Kovar, who appeared on Real World: Hollywood and the third season of Celebrity Rehab, was a former personal trainer and body builder who had openly battled drug and alcoholic addictions.
While TMZ reports that before he died, Kovar had taken a “deadly mixture of Viagra, cocaine and alcohol,” his family tells the Tribune that he had been sober for about six months and was working on a new project.
“Everyone is in shock right now. He seemed fine, he was happier and he was doing better,” David Kovar tells the Trib. “Everything was going very well. The very, very last thing that our family is suspecting is drugs.”
Joey leaves behind a 3-year-old son and a 2-year old daughter. Sad news for his family and especially his children. When will these people learn?
Images via Shutterstock/Twitter
More Stories From Bossip
24 Pics Of Scottie Pippen's Maybe Ex-Wife
Lost Ones: Soccer Star Has Dated Two Of The Baddest Women...
That Old Thang Back: A Gallery Of Reasons Lil Wayne Wants...
#BaaawdyGoals: Meet The Thicky Fit Celebrity Trainer...
Rumor Control: Did Tristan Thompson Really Propose To...
Messy Matrimony-dom: T.I. Responds To Pics Of Tiny Halloween...
Thanks Tami!!! Here’s What DJ Duffey Thinks About...
Forever Flawless: This STUNNING 86-Year-Old Bride Is...