Doctor Cleared Of Negligence After Pregnant Woman Catches On Fire During C-Section
A jury has decided that a New York doctor was not to blame for a pregnant woman catching on fire while he was performing a c-section to deliver her baby.
via Fox News
A jury has decided that a Syracuse doctor isn’t to blame for an operating-room mishap that caused a pregnant woman to catch fire during a cesarean section delivery.
Kira Reed suffered a 7-inch-long burn on her side two years ago when an alcohol-based antiseptic applied to her skin was accidentally ignited by a medical device. The fire was out quickly and her baby was fine, but she sued over the injury.
Reed reached an out-of-court settlement with the hospital, but The Post-Standard of Syracuse reports that a jury rejected a negligence claim this week against obstetrician Stephen Brown.
Wow. Well at least she was compensated in some way for this ridiculous incident. How horrific that must have been for the woman in labor!
Image via Shuttertock