Learn to save your racks on racks on racks this holiday season!
Has the holiday shopping left your pockets hurting? If so, you’re not alone. Many Americans feel the sting of holiday spending well into the new year. If you love to celebrate the holidays but don’t love the financial pinch you experience afterward, there are several great tricks for giving and celebrating, without breaking the bank.
So when you’re out battling the holiday crowds and heading to social commitments with family and friends, consider your wallet and protect your budget with these simple tips:
1. Know your limit. Sit down and plan out your holiday budget before you head to the malls this year. Gifts, large or small, can really add up, leaving you with a hefty bill at the end of the season.
2. Plan ahead.You’ve done your budget and you’re ready to tackle the crowds. Here are a few ways to save on shopping, whether online or in the stores:
3. Look for special “savings days” at your favorite retail stores.
4. Use coupons from your newspaper, online or in-store.
5. Take advantage of free shipping with online purchases.
6. Buy gifts throughout the year, not just during the peak season.
7. Trim your list. Do you really need to exchange gifts with everyone in your family? Consider cutting your list back this year. Or suggest giving a group gift to certain members of your family rather than individual gifts.
8. Reduce your stress. The holiday season is stressful enough with demands from family and friends, not to mention social commitments for work or other groups. Try to plan ahead as much as possible, avoiding last-minute buys will impact your budget.
9. Enjoy the season. In the end, the holidays are all about enjoying friends and family. Staying focused on time with loved ones and other joys of the season can help you to keep stress in perspective.
10. Save! Save! Save!
Have a great holiday season and happy (and prosperous) New Year!!!