For the love of money…SMFH
Chicago Lottery Winner Poisoned To Death Just One Day After Collecting Winnings
A lottery winner was fatally poisoned with cyanide a day after he collected nearly $425,000 in lottery winnings, a Chicago medical examiner said Monday.
Urooj Khan died July 20, a day after a check was issued from the state’s Comptroller’s Office. The check, the lump sum on a $1 million instant lottery ticket, was cashed on Aug. 15.
After a limited exam during which Cook County Medical Examiner Stephen Cina found no trauma or unusual substances in the 46-year-old’s body, the medical examiner’s office declared that he died of natural causes.
Khan was buried at Rosehill Cemetery in Chicago, the Chicago Tribune reported, and within a week a concerned relative asked the medical examiner’s office to take a closer look, Cina told the Tribune.
The medical examiner’s office determined from comprehensive toxicology reports that Khan had ingested a deadly amount of cyanide and his death was reclassified as a homicide.
That relative knew something wasn’t right, good call.
Khan bought the ticket at a 7-Eleven near his home in West Rogers Park, a neighborhood on Chicago’s North Side. A native of India, he came to Chicago in the late 1980s and began working at a dry cleaners. He reportedly planned to grow his business with his lottery winnings.
R.I.P. sir, somebody that you love ain’t isht.
Image via ABCNews
More Stories From Bossip
Detox Sorcery: Thicky Fine Model Tabria Majors Blasts...
No Sorcery Needed: Fantasia Flaunts Her Ultimate Glo Up...
Bitter Teyana Taylor Posts Tae Heckard's Texts & Number In Petty Twitter Beef!
Baby, Baby, Baby: Ashanti’s Most Fantastically...
Pure Comedy: Last Night’s Presidential Debate...
BOSSIP Exclusive: Is It A Wrap With Rihanna? Drake Is Now...
Trust No One: Celebrities Whose Replacements Were Closer...
#ThisBody: Gabby Sidibe Flaunts Her SUPER Slimmed Down...