Steubenville Ohio Schools Locked Down Following Shooting Threat
Schools in Steubenville, Ohio, were placed on lockdown for more than an hour after a shooting threat was received Tuesday in a district that’s gained national attention in a controversial forced sex assault case.
Police were searching all buildings in the school district after 8:30 a.m., while students remained in classes, according to NBC affiliate WTOV. While buildings were cleared around 10 a.m., Superintendent Mike McVey said security will be stationed at all schools until further notice.
The threat, which was made online, comes after a series of protests against city and school officials.
Please sweet baby Jesus, keep these crazy muhfuggas away from this school.
Earlier Tuesday, a couple who raised one of the Steubenville High School students accused of forcing sex on a 16-year-old girl during a night of partying last summer said it would be “out of character” for him to have participated.
Ma’lik Richmond, 16, will stand trial next month along with Trent Mays, also 16, in a highly charged case that has rocked the small town of Steubenville, on the West Virginia border. Both students, also players on the school’s celebrated football team, are pleading not guilty.
Richmond remains under house arrest at the home of Greg and Jennifer Agresta, although they are no longer his legal guardians. They had first taken him in at age 8, they said Tuesday on NBC’s “Today” show.
Jennifer Agresta described Richmond as a “very laid-back young man” who was “surprised” to learn that he was being charged with forced sex and kidnapping.
That’s all well and good, but THIS is the part that we just can’t quite buy…
The Agrestas claim they never asked Richmond about what happened the night of the alleged sex assault.
“It doesn’t matter to us,” Jennifer Agresta said. “We love him regardless of what happened that evening.”
You haven’t asked him what happened?!?! Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit…so you bring him back in your home for house arrest as an accused rapist and you don’t ask him what happened? Yeah, aight…
Clearly there is evidence against him…
Richmond’s attorney, Walter Madison, declined to discuss the accuracy of the charges. He admitted, however, that a picture circulating online featuring two males carrying a young woman who appears to be limp and unconscious includes his client.
Last week, an attorney for Mays wouldn’t confirm whether his client was in that photo, but suggested it could have been staged.
Sorry folks, we know you love you some Ma’lik, but c’mon son.
Watch the Agresta’s speak for yourself below.
More Stories From Bossip
That Old Thang Back: A Gallery Of Reasons Lil Wayne Wants...
Internet Goes Crazy After Kanye Calls Out Jay Z
#BaaawdyGoals: Meet The Thicky Fit Celebrity Trainer...
Lost Ones: Soccer Star Has Dated Two Of The Baddest Women...
Forever Flawless: This STUNNING 86-Year-Old Bride Is...
Bye Skinny B**ches!!! Erykah Badu Shows Off Her Bangin’...
Rumor Control: Did Tristan Thompson Really Propose To...
Here’s What Happened When Donald Trump Fired Shots...