Illuminati Myths Debunked
You know who the worst person is? The person who swears he or she knows everything there is to know about the “Illuminati” because of some stupid Youtube videos.
The fact is, most of what you hear about the “Illuminati” is some derivative of a myth that people generally talk about to be funny. But some of you think it’s for real. So to help you out, we found 10 actual facts about the Illuminati to help you get through your conspiracy theories.
1. The Order of the Illuminati, a secret society whose name means “Enlightened Ones,” was founded in 1776 by Adam Weishaupt (1748-1830), a former Jesuit and professor of canon law at the University of Ingolstadt.
2. The two central figures in the organization were Weishaupt and Adolph Franz Friedrich Ludwid Baron Von Knigge. The members of the Illuminati are known to have favored free-thinking and radical politics.
3. At the height of its power, the Illuminati comprised more than 2000 members in Europe. It was the elite club to be a part of. No, Black people weren’t in it.
4. The last official existence of the Illuminati came in 1784 when the ruler of Bavaria banned all secret clubs in 1784. Membership fell apart, Adam Weishaupt was ousted and the Illuminati for all intents and purposes ceased to exist.
5. The Illuminati and the Freemasons are two totally different entities. They’re not the same and you should probably stop saying they are.
6. The New World Order theory was a bit of anti-Jewish propaganda dreamed up by Nesta Webster in the early 20th century. She wrote that the Freemasons and Illuminati were powered by Jews and planned the French Revolution and were planning a New World Order.
7. The dollar bill doesn’t have any Illuminati symbolism. Thomas Jefferson, et al designed the American emblems and only Ben Franklin was a Freemason. WHICH ISN’T EVEN IN THE ILLUMINATI!
9. There isn’t anything in the Illuminati mythology about blood sacrifices. So Whitney Houston probably just drowned and Jay-Z or Ray J or Biggie’s ghost didn’t sneak into her room and throw a toaster in her bathtub.