Tour Guide Shares Story Of Being Swallowed Alive By Hippo
This is some WILD ish…..
via Huffington Post
“There was a terrible, sulphurous smell, like rotten eggs, and a tremendous pressure against my chest,” Paul Templer said, recalling the moment he realized he had been swallowed by a hippopotamus.
At the time, Templer was 27, a river guide taking groups of tourists down the Zambezi river near Victoria Falls, along the border of Zambia and Zimbabwe.
His near-death story appeared in The Guardian’s “Experience” series on Friday and has since grabbed headlines around the world.
“I remember looking up through 10 feet of water at the green and yellow light playing on the surface, and wondering which of us could hold his breath the longest,” he wrote in The Guardian. “Blood rose from my body in clouds, and a sense of resignation overwhelmed me. I’ve no idea how long we stayed under — time passes very slowly when you’re in a hippo’s mouth.”
The hippo’s teeth savaged Templer’s chest and left arm. But he told The Chicago Tribune in an earlier interview that he still counts himself very lucky.
“I went straight down his throat. It smelled like death,” Templer said in the Tribune. And yet, when the hippo “bit into my lungs he missed my heart. He missed my liver and kidneys.”
Although Templer carried a .357-caliber Magnum firearm, he told the Tribune he never got a chance to pull it. After repeated bites, Templer managed to get ashore, but his wounds included a bite so deep it revealed part of his lung.
No idea how he lived to tell about this!
More Stories From Bossip
Baby, Baby, Baby: Ashanti’s Most Fantastically...
Bitter Teyana Taylor Posts Tae Heckard's Texts & Number In Petty Twitter Beef!
Another One: Meet The IT Consultant Bae Who’s BEEN...
Engaged Or Nah: Did Nelly Put A Ring On Miss Jackson?...
Real Love: Iman Shumpert Claps Back In The Most Classy Way...
All Love: Serena Williams’ Most Fantastically...
Internet Reacts To Power Finale
Here’s What Happened When Kim K. Revealed That She...