Parents Of Children Who Were Murdered By Nanny Expecting New Baby
The New York couple who lost their children to the horrific nanny-murder incident that dominated headlines last summer have announced that they are expecting a new baby.
The parents of two children allegedly slain by their nanny in New York City last year are expecting a child this fall, roughly a year after the nightmare deaths, according to a Facebook post.
“We are very happy to let you know that Marina is expecting a baby in the fall,” parents Marina and Kevin Krim said Thursday on the “Lulu & Leo Fund” memorial page, established for their late daughter Lucia “Lulu” Krim, 6, and her brother Leo, 2.
Police say on that October 25, 2012, the children’s mother returned to the family’s Upper West Side apartment, found Lucia and Leo dead in the bathroom and saw the nanny stab herself with a kitchen knife.
The children’s grandmother, Karen Krim, told CNN on Friday: “We are thrilled.”
“Nessie can’t wait to welcome her new baby brother,” the children’s parents say on their Facebook post. “We are filled with many emotions as we look to the future, but the most important one is hope.”
It’s great to hear that this family finally has something to smile about after going through such a horrible time. Good for them.