R.I.P. Chris Kelly…
Medical Examiner Confirms That Kris Kross Rapper Chris Kelly Died From Drug Overdose
A medical examiner’s investigator says Chris Kelly of the ’90s rap duo Kris Kross died of a drug overdose.
Investigator Betty Honey of the Fulton County Medical Examiner’s office in Atlanta said Monday that a toxicology screening showed the 34-year-old Kelly had a mixture of drugs in his system when he was pronounced dead on May 1. However, Honey said she did not know which specific drugs Kelly had used.
A police report says Kelly’s mother told investigators her son used cocaine and heroin the night before he died and had a history of drug abuse.
If you, or a friend, is struggling with addiction, let Chris’ death serve as an example as to why you need to kick your habit ASAP.
Image via WENN