Dude couldn’t get a divorce?
According to Mail Online
A former Bank of America executive from South Carolina has pleaded not guilty to charges in connection to a murder-for-hire plot targeting his estranged wife amid a contentious divorce.
Christopher Latham, 50, is accused of orchestrating the killing of his spouse of 24 years and the mother of his children with the help of four accomplices, among them his live-in girlfriend.
Last Wednesday, Mr Latham pleaded not guilty to federal charges of conspiracy to use interstate commerce facilities in the commission of murder-for-hire, use of interstate commerce facilities in the commission of murder-for-hire and possession of a firearm in the furtherance of a crime of violence.
Following his arrest, Latham’s wife, Nancy, expressed relieve that the alleged plot on her life has been uncovered in time, but called the ordeal ‘heart-breaking.’
‘It’s not by any means celebratory,’ a somber Mrs Latham told the station WCNC. ‘It’s not celebratory for my children.’
She added that it has been ‘heart-breaking’ both for her and for their two grown daughters, Madison and Emily.
The alleged contract killing plot was uncovered back in April when Latham’s four alleged co-conspirators were arrested and charged with conspiring to kill Nancy Latham.
Last Month, the estranged wife said in an affidavit that she suspected her husband of being part of the murder-for-hire plot. Chris Latham, formerly a high-powered executive with a $683,000 annual salary, has previously denied any involvement in the case.
Nancy Latham said that when the alleged plot has been uncovered, she and her daughters went into hiding for two months – a time that was spent looking behind her shoulder and living in fear, she said
‘We’ve been married for 24 years,’ Nancy Latham said. ‘How do you reconcile the idea that this person hired someone to kill you?’
It’s a sad day when a man tries to have the mother of his children killed.