BBQ groundhog?!?! WTF?!?!?!
Kyrgyzstan Fears Bubonic Plague Outbreak After Groundhog BBQ Leads To Teenager’s Death
An outbreak of the deadly bubonic plague has tormented the former Soviet republic of Kyrgyzstan after the death of a 15-year-old boy.
Three more people showed symptoms of the ‘Black Death’, and in total 131 came into contact with the victim.
More than 800 people have been screened in the town of Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
The disease wiped out tens of millions in 14th century Europe.
It was reported that 15-year-old Temirbek Isakunov died after eating a barbecued groundhog infected with the lethal virus, yet another account suggests he became infected after being bitten by an oriental flea carried by a marmot that he reportedly prepared for food.
Eastern districts of the mountainous country were in ‘lockdown’ last night as officials sought to prevent the plague spreading.
Neighbouring Kazakhstan urged its people not to travel to the country, and introduced ‘special monitoring’ of those crossing the border.
Three villagers who were in contact with the dead teenager – a woman with a toddler and a teenager – show symptoms of bubonic plague, admitted a government source.
Might wanna cop you a “Outbreak” suit if you plan on visiting Kyrgyzstan any time…ever.
‘While fighting for the life of the teenager, doctors gave the boy 17 different drugs which made it difficult to make an accurate diagnosis,’ admitted Kyrgyzstan’s Health Ministry.
As many as 19 doctors are among those being monitored for signs of the disease. All have been put in quarantine and are undergoing preventative treatment.
Groundhogs are a natural carrier of the deadly disease and were targeted for extermination in the Soviet Union, but the Kyrgyz authorities stopped poisoning them from 1982 onward due to the costs involved.
‘The teenager turned for medical aid in the district hospital with the health complaints for running temperature and bubonic inflammations on August 22,’ said the healthy ministry in capital Bishkek.
‘He was immediately taken to hospital in the surgery ward.
The bubonic plague was only detected after he died.
Moral of the story is, don’t eat groundhogs.
R.I.P. to the young man who lost his life.
Image via Shutterstock
More Stories From Bossip
Basketball Wives Reunion: Shaunie Doesn't Want Brandi & Duffey
Lost Ones: Soccer Star Has Dated Two Of The Baddest Women...
Celebrity Seeds: Angela Simmons Poses With Her Precious...
That Old Thang Back: A Gallery Of Reasons Lil Wayne Wants...
Swirl United: Tristan Thompson Allegedly Dropped To One...
Internet Goes Crazy After Kanye Calls Out Jay Z
Jaheim Wants Charlamagne To Stop Laughing At His Hair
Seafood Lovers: Wiz Khalifa, Christina Milian, Karrueche,...