What would Yeezus do?
Group Starts Religion Based On Kanye West
Via TIME Magazine reports:
An anonymous group of people have taken that song pretty literally, it seems, because they’ve formed an official religion centered around Kanye called Yeezianity. According to its website, the group “believes that the one who calls himself Yeezus is a divine being who has been sent by God to usher in a New Age of humanity.”
Members keep their identities quiet and only reveal their affiliation to those they already know are Yeezians. (Yeezites? Yeezish people?) Kind of like the Illuminati! Wait… hmm…
“We could be anyone you know, from your mailman to the mayor of your city,” the website says. Here are the religion’s five pillars:
1. All things created must be for the good of all
2. No human being’s right to express themselves must ever be repressed
3. Money is unnecessary except as a means of exchange
4. Man possesses the power to create everything he wants and needs
5. All human suffering exists to stimulate the creative powers of Man
VICE spoke with the man who founded the church of Yeezus — though he insisted on remaining anonymous. He clarified that right now it’s more of a theoretical faith than an actual organized, structured religion. However, he started it only a month ago and is open to seeing where it might go. He explained why the rapper inspired him so deeply — and why others tend to have a less-than-positive view of him:
Praise Yeezus! Will you be joining the cult of Kanye anytime soon?