Florida Man Starts Apartment Fire To Kills Bugs
A man pulled from a fire on Sunday night told authorities that he started the blaze accidentally — while trying to burn the bugs in his apartment, the Orlando Police Department said.
Via Orlando Sentinel reports:
Orlando police and fire crews were called to the fire at an apartment building on Lakeview Street, near Lake Concord just north of downtown Orlando, about 11:30 p.m.
The man was rescued from his burning apartment and taken to Orlando Regional Medical Center to be treated for smoke inhalation, according to Orlando police.
An officer who checked the apartment afterward described its “deplorable” living conditions in his report:
“There was trash and empty beer cans covering the majority of the floor in the living area and the kitchen,” the officer wrote in his report. “The bedroom where most of the fire damage occurred was also filled with trash and cans.”
The man, whose name has not been released, told authorities he started the fire “to burn the bugs in his home and computer,” according to the police report released Monday.
The officer filled out paperwork for the man to be hospitalized under the state’s Baker Act, according to the report, describing him as “a danger to himself and others.”
The case was turned over to an arson investigator but police said no criminal charges are expected. No other apartments in the building appeared damaged, according to police.
And it seemed like such a good idea. SMH!!!!
More Stories From Bossip
That Old Thang Back: A Gallery Of Reasons Lil Wayne Wants...
Messy Matrimony-dom: T.I. Responds To Pics Of Tiny Halloween...
24 Pics Of Scottie Pippen's Maybe Ex-Wife
Bye Crusty!!! The Meanest (And Pettiest) Trick Daddy Slander...
Here’s What Happened When Donald Trump Fired Shots...
Bye Bow Wow!!! Shad Moss Gets Relentlessly Roasted After...
#BaaawdyGoals: Meet The Thicky Fit Celebrity Trainer...
Masika Kalysha & Hazel E Beef On Twitter Again—But...