World Cup Fade: Ghana Soccer Stars Attack Coaches After Failing To Receive Cut Of $3 Million Paycheck For Advancing

soccer

Sulley Muntari and Kevin-Prince Boateng have been expelled from Ghana’s World Cup squad after attacking their coaches!

Ghana Soccer Player Expelled From World Cup After Attacking Coaches

A statement on the Ghana Football Association website said both players had “been suspended indefinitely”.

Via BBC reports:

It added Boateng had used “vulgar verbal insults targeted at coach Kwesi Appiah” and said Muntari was guilty of an “unprovoked physical attack on an executive committee member”.

The news comes just hours before Ghana take on Portugal on Thursday.

Ghana still have an outside chance of qualifying for the knockout phase of the tournament.

They need to beat Portugal and hope there is a winner of the other Group G match between Germany and United States – although the Black Stars would also need to overtake their rivals’ superior goal difference.

The Ghana FA statement said the incident involving AC Milan’s Muntari took place on Tuesday and named Moses Armah, who is a member of the team management, as the man said to have been assaulted by the 29-year-old midfielder.

And Boateng, a 27-year-old Germany-born midfielder who plays for Schalke 04, was said by the Ghana FA to have shown “no remorse for his actions” which took place during the team’s training session in Maceio on Tuesday.

It is the latest blow to the Black Stars’ World Cup campaign that had already been blighted by a row over players’ appearance fees.

On Wednesday Ghana’s government sent in excess of $3m (£1.8m) in a chartered plane to Brazil to pay the squad following their threat to boycott their final group match against Portugal if they did not receive their money.

ghana

They not playing with that money!!!!

More from MommyNoire

More from StyleBlazer & MadameNoire

blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 10,301 other followers