Bossip Video

We wish we could say we’re shocked, but

Medical School Student Dead After Connecticut Police Used Taser Multiple Times

Via NBCConnecticut

Connecticut state police are investigating the death of a medical school graduate who died in New London police custody after officers used stun guns on him twice in a span of eight hours.

Lashano Gilbert, 31, who The Associated Press reported was a medical school graduate from the Bahamas, died early Saturday morning, hours after being arrested on suspicion of carjacking.

Police say they were forced to Taser him twice, once when he resisted arrest and again when he attacked officers at the police station hours later.

The chief medical examiner was examining his body Sunday to determine his cause of death. Gilbert was initially taken into custody just after 7 p.m. Friday on carjacking charges, after police say he jumped through the open window of a woman’s car as she was driving.

Police said that he made stabbing motions toward the driver, appeared to be in an “altered state of mind” and was “speaking in a bizarre manner.” The woman called 911 and “floored” the car to “get him off of her,” police said.

When police arrived, Gilbert resisted arrest, telling them he was hearing voices, yelling at them and acting aggressively, police said. Police used a stun gun to subdue him.

Then things REALLY got ugly.

Gilbert was taken by ambulance to a local hospital for treatment, before being taken to the police station around 3 a.m. Saturday.

Police say that while in his holding cell, Gilbert removed his pants and began twisting them, as if to make a rope. Police say they opened the door to take the pants away, fearing he might hurt himself.

Gilbert then rushed the door and escaped into the common booking area, where he threw objects, including an intoximeter, at officers, and a struggle ensued, according to police. An officer ended that struggle by using a Taser on him.

Gilbert became unresponsive while he was in an ambulance en route to L&M Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 3:23 a.m. Saturday.

Sounds like this guy was out of pocket, but damn…

Image via Shutterstock/Google Plus



Bossip Comment Policy
Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.