Posted by Bossip Staff
A homeless dude saved a family from a burning building:
A Brooklyn vagrant on a breakfast beer run unexpectedly became the hobo hero of the hour yesterday when he raced into a Brooklyn apartment and rescued a father and two sons. Three other family members including a baby were saved by a selfless firefighter who gave them his oxygen mask. A seventh relative trapped in the blazing apartment was rescued by other firefighters, but later died in a hospital. The homeless man, Andre Nash, 45, kept his wits about him, using a beer-soaked rag as a mask and forcing his way through choking smoke in the burning apartment at the Lafayette Gardens housing project in Fort Greene. Nash admitted that he had just bought two cans of beer at a deli shortly before 8 a.m. when he stumbled upon a hysterical boy begging for help and pointing to the 11th floor, where a panicked mom, Sheohna Taylor, 20, was dangling her 14-month-old son, Roshawon, out the window.
Nash, who often calls a park bench home, raced up to the apartment and, through billowing, black smoke, guided Terence Taylor and his two school-age sons, Brandon and L.T., out into the hall and to safety. “I wasn’t even worried about my life,” Nash said. “I am the guardian angel of the building. I just reacted.”
See what a morning bottle of Schlitz Malt Liquor can do, he almost saved an entire family.