Chemese Armstrong Shares Allergic Reaction To Henna

So Scary: Health Vlogger’s Eyes Swell Completely Shut After She Uses THIS Chemical In Her Hair…

- By Bossip Staff

Chemese Armstrong

Be careful ladies!

Chemese Armstrong Shares Allergic Reaction To Henna

A popular health and fitness vlogger who shared her weight loss journey with fans recently shared startling photos of an unexpected allergic reaction.

Earlier this month 35-year-old Chemese Armstrong of Abilene, Texas wanted to dye the roots of her natural hair black after noticing that the she was experiencing graying.

With that in mind, the vlogger consulted a dermatologist who suggested that she try Henna, a temporary plant-based dye, because Chemese suffers from a paraphenylenediamine allergy which is found in permanent hair dye.

Chemese then tried Henna and it was downhill after that…

Via Chemese’s YouTube:

On Saturday, March 5, 2016 I had a allergic reaction to having my hair dye with Henna. This was done at a hair salon in Austin. I’m allergic to Paraphenylenediamine (or PPD). It is a dark dye used in almost every hair colour on the market, regardless of brand. The darker the color, usually the higher the concentration. More than two-thirds of hair dyes currently contain PPD or related chemicals. I wanted my hair jet black to cover up my grey hair. I was told the Henna was all natural and chemical free but that wasn’t the case. I’m doing much bette now but still recoverin

Chemese went from looking like this…

Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 1.08.28 PM

to this.

3256095900000578-3499370-image-m-49_1458333082968

 

Wow

!Have you ever heard of someone having a paraphenylenediamine allergy?

3258093E00000578-3499370-image-m-68_1458333911814

MORE STORIES FROM BOSSIP

Comments

Bossip Comment Policy
Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.