Bossip Video

gorilla

Prosecutor Says No Charges Will Be Brought Against Gorilla Kid’s Mother

A state prosecutor announced that no charges will be brought against the neglectful mom of the little boy climbed into the gorilla exhibit at the Cincinnati Zoo according to The Grio reports:

The boy apparently climbed over a 3-foot barrier, made his way through bushes and fell 15 feet into a shallow moat. The zoo’s dangerous-animal response team shot the agitated, 17-year-old gorilla, Harambe, after concluding the boy’s life was in danger.

The zoo plans to reopen its Gorilla World on Tuesday with a higher, reinforced barrier. Deters said he was glad to see the improvements.

The zoo’s actions will be reviewed separately by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. An animal protection group has urged that the zoo be fined.

Legal experts had said all along that child-endangerment charges were unlikely under such circumstances. Echoing those experts, Deters said there was no evidence the mother heedlessly put her child in danger, as prosecutors would have had to show.

“If she had been in the bathroom smoking crack, that would be a different story. But that’s not what happened here,” the prosecutor said.

Do you think charges should have been brought against the mother??

YT

MORE STORIES FROM BOSSIP

Comments

Bossip Comment Policy
Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.