Family Sues Amazon After Malfunctioning ‘Hoverboard’ Burns Their House Down

- By Bossip Staff

Hoverboard

Family Sues Amazon For Selling Them A Dangerous Hoverboard

By now, we’re all aware that “hoverboards” are a danger and have a tendency to burst into flames at random. But a Nashville family whose $1 million home burned to the ground in a fire caused by the toy is suing Amazon for not giving them the heads up before selling them the product earlier this year.

The Fox family of Nashville claims that Amazon didn’t let the cat out of the bag on the explosive nature of the toys before their home was destroyed, and they deserve compensation. Via The Tennessean:

“The Foxes contend that Amazon and its various subsidiaries had information about the danger of this product well in advance of the January 9 fire, and on top of that, they had notice, they should have known the product was being misrepresented on their website,” Steve Anderson, of the Nashville law firm Anderson & Reynolds PLC, said.

Anderson represents the six-member Fox family, whose home was destroyed. The father, Brian Fox, rescued two of his children from the second-floor of the burning home, according to fire officials and the lawsuit.

“The most horrific thing was obviously the episode that day and trying to rescue these two teenagers, and the profound impact on them,” Anderson said. “It’s also important to consider that literally in a matter of few minutes every single personal possession of this entire family was destroyed. The only things that remained were their vehicles and handful of books and pictures they were able to find that had water damage they were able to dry out. In the blink of an eye it was all gone.”

SMH. Do you think Amazon owes them money? If they knew last Christmas what we all know now…this probably wouldn’t have happened…

Nashville PD

More Stories From Bossip

Comments

  • http://www.naijarepublic.com/jesus-take-the-wheel-3-year-old-girl-dead-after-charging-hoverboard-catches-fire/ Jesus Take The Wheel: 3-Year-Old Girl Dead After Charging Hoverboard Catches Fire - NaijaRepublic Site

    […] dealing with the death of a 3-year-old girl who was killed by an accidental house fire caused by a recharging hoverboard. According to reports, the fire occurred on Friday evening and two other daughters were injured and […]

  • http://gossipnews.today/jesus-take-the-wheel-3-year-old-girl-dead-after-charging-hoverboard-catches-fire/ Jesus Take The Wheel: 3-Year-Old Girl Dead After Charging Hoverboard Catches Fire - Gossip News

    […] dealing with the death of a 3-year-old girl who was killed by an accidental house fire caused by a recharging hoverboard. According to reports, the fire occurred on Friday evening and two other daughters were injured and […]

  • http://www.afrotainmenttv.com/jesus-take-the-wheel-3-year-old-girl-dead-after-charging-hoverboard-catches-fire/ Jesus Take The Wheel: 3-Year-Old Girl Dead After Charging Hoverboard Catches Fire » AfrotainmentTV.com

    […] dealing with the death of a 3-year-old girl who was killed by an accidental house fire caused by a recharging hoverboard. According to reports, the fire occurred on Friday evening and two other daughters were injured and […]

blog comments powered by Disqus