Georgia Student’s Skin Burned Off Her Body From The Inside Because Of Dangerously Strong Meds
A Georgia woman went to a doctor seeking something to cope with depression and ended up getting a medication that caused her skin to burn from the inside of her body, causing irreversible boils and liaisons on her skin. 11 Alive reports the horrific story of Khaliah Shaw, a graduate student at Georgia College and State University who received the wrong medicine dosage from a pharmacist.
Within weeks of taking the drug, Shaw says blisters broke out over her body. She told the press she was “in excruciating pain” and felt like she was “on fire”. She says she doesn’t even recognized herself from three years ago.
Shaw is now suing the UK pharmaceutical company behind the drug. She says her medical expenses have already reached more than $3.45 million. Prolonged medical care are expected to add to that number.