Jesus Take The Wheel: Filthy Gas Station Nachos Paralyzes Woman In Rare Food Poisoning Outbreak 

- By Bossip Staff

Getty Images

Botulism Bacteria Paralyzes Woman, Traces Back To Gas Station Nachos

At least ten people from the Sacramento area have been place in ICU over the last few weeks over a bad batch of gas station nachos, and one woman remains paralyzed.

CNN reports that botulism, a rare form of food poisoning, has left a mother paralyzed from the neck down, affecting others. They say the Sacramento County Department of Health and Human Services said in a statement last week that the cause of the illness “appears to be prepared food, particularly nacho cheese sauce” from a gas station in Walnut Grove.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, botulism occurs with bacteria releases toxins that can paralyze your body. Other symptoms can include blurred vision, drooping eyelids and slurred speech, among others.

Fox40 reports that a mom of 3, Lavinia Kelly, is still getting intensive care after she contracted the bacteria from the gas station.

Her sister says:

“My phone rings and I pick up the phone and it’s her, and she can’t articulate a word. And she’s saying, basically she’s saying ‘Sister, I need you here now…'”

Kelly is still fighting for her life but running out of money to received treatment her insurance is refusing to cover. Her family had to set up a GoFundMe on her behalf.

SMH, life comes at us fast. We will tread lightly on the gas station snacks until this clears up.

More Stories From Bossip

Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus