Hot-Diggidy Dog: Amazon Sued Over Hoverboard Fire That Scorched Family Pooches

- By Bossip Staff

Getty Images

Lawsuit: Family Sues Amazon For Selling House Fire Causing Hoverboards That Scorched Family Dogs

Amazon is under hot fire right now from a California family who says the seller never warned them about a hoverboard recall, that could’ve save their home and the lives of their pets. According to a TMZ report, the family says Amazon sold them a hoverboard for Christmas, 2015, with a faulty battery and a manual instructing them to “store the scooter indoors.” About a month later, they left the device charging indoors and went about their day. Hours later, the family says they returned to their property engulfed in flames.

The report says fire fighters tried to revive their family dogs, Bella and Boo, in vain. The pups died on the lawn of the property.

A day after the home reportedly burned down, the family claims a worried neighbor who had purchased the same hoverboard called Amazon’s customer service line and was instructed to get rid of the scooter. The company in fact had put out a ‘recall’ but never contacted them about it.

TMZ says they reached out to amazon reps and got no comment on the issue. Yikes!

 

More Stories From Bossip

Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus