Bossip Video

Interior of a bathroom with a silver bathtub set in mahogany, blue wallpaper and a window looking out in the garden of Ferrieres, the Rothschild country home.

(Photo by†Horst P. Horst/CondÈ Nast via Getty Images)

Texas Family Mourns Death Of 14-Year-Old Electrocuted

This is so sad. A Texas teen has tragically passed away after being electrocuted while visiting her father in Lovington, New Mexico.

According to KCBD reports:

Madison Coe’s mother and grandmother say she was in the bathtub and either plugged her phone in or simply grabbed her phone that was already plugged in.

“There was a burn mark on her hand, the hand that would have grabbed the phone. And that was just very obvious that that’s what had happened,” Coe’s grandmother Donna O’Guinn said.

“This is such a tragedy that doesn’t need to happen to anyone else. And we want something good to come out of this as awareness of not using your cell phone in the bathroom as it is plugged in and charging,” O’Guinn said.

“It’s overwhelming to realize that there are people that we don’t even know and we’ll probably never even meet that have taken this message and shared it to protect another child or even an adult. We don’t want to lose anybody,” O’Guinn said.

“We need to be aware. We need to teach our children that electricity and water do not mix,” O’Guinn said. “She’s just going to be greatly missed by all of us. She has a special place in my heart.”

This is definitely a story we should all be sharing with our loved ones. Sometimes you really have to unplug!



Bossip Comment Policy
Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.