Ezekiel Elliott Says Ex Lied To Ruin His Career
Ezekiel Elliott can’t seem to keep his name out of mess in these streets.
Back in March he was accused of getting WAY too handsy with an unwilling partygoer at a St. Patrick’s Day parade. Then in June, he ended up in a bar fight and beat a man bloody.
Now, he’s been suspended from the first six games with the Cowboys as some domestic violence claims from last year have come back to bite him.
But Zeke isn’t taking this one lying down. According to the Dallas Star-Telegraph, the player plans to petition to have his suspension either reduced or eradicated altogether, claiming that the incident never even occurred. For one, he was never arrested or charged in connection with the alleged attack. And secondly, he claims to have proof that his ex-girlfriend made the accusations up in a racially charged ploy to “ruin him” over relationship issues she was upset with.
Some threats Zeke reports she made include:
▪ After being told Elliott didn’t want her at his house on July 21 and he didn’t want her coming out with him, Thompson responded with: “Ok this is what you want? Ok then, I’m going to ruin your life. You will see. If I was you, I wouldn’t go out tonight.”
▪ After being told she couldn’t come Elliott’s 21st birthday party, Thompson told him “that’s worst decision you made in your life. I’m going to ruin you life now.”
▪ The report also details a text message in which Thompson told Elliott: “You better be smart. And not be a dumb man. B—-, keep (messing) with the wrong, b—-.”
▪ After not being allowed into the after party, Thompson was heard yelling and screaming that “your career is over” and then proceeded to call the police.
▪ Elliott is also “100 percent certain” that Thompson told him on July 22, “You are a black male athlete. I’m a white girl. They are not going to believe you.”
Yikes. Welp, she didn’t TOTALLY ruin him, but if this was indeed her plan, she at least partially hit her goal.
SMH. It will be interesting to see the league’s response to this one.