Image via Getty
Doctors Find Nails, Coins, Glass And More In Man’s Stomach
What in the entire hell is wrong with people?!
A man from Sohaval in Satna district in Madhya Pradesh, India, was rushed into surgery after he went to the hospital complaining of stomach pains. It was suspected that he had food poisoning, and while he was indeed being poisoned, it wasn’t from “food”.
Upon performance of an endoscopy, doctors found exactly what was giving this man trouble.
According to IBTimes, 263 coins, shaving blades, 100 nails, shards of glass, stones, and a 6-inch piece of rusted iron shackle were nestled uncomfortably inside the this guy’s stomach. A total of 7 kg of foreign objects, killing him slowly.
35-year-old Maksud Khan is thought to be mentally unstable due to the sheer amount of irrational items that he had swallowed.
Surgeons said that they were surprised at first that the coins and nails didn’t cause any pain or problem initially. “The operation was done in the nick of the time as some of the nails lodged had pierced his stomach, caused bleeding and resulting in loss of hemoglobin,” said another doctor who operated on Khan.
Hate to say it, but it doesn’t sound like Maksud is gonna stop eating metal pieces anytime soon.