Man Dies After Ingesting Almost 250 Bags Of Cocaine
A Japanese man died on Friday after reportedly ingested a whopping 246 bags of cocaine. He was on a flight from Mexico City back to Japan and began having seizures shortly after the flight departed.
The plane ended up making an emergency landing in Mexico’s Sonora state and the 42-year-old man died from a cerebral edema, according to reports from the BBC. He allegedly started his journey in Colombia and was declared dead at the General Ignacio Pesqueira Garcia International Airport in Hermosillo.
The small bags–which once contained the fatal drug–were found in his stomach and intestines during an autopsy following his death. The plastic bags were approximately 2.5 centimeters long and 1 cm wide, according to a statement by Sonora’s attorney general.
The remaining 198 passengers aboard the flight were able to continue their journey after the emergency landing.
Mexico’s federal authorities are set to take over the investigation.
Don’t do drugs, kids. And definitely don’t ingest 200+ bags of drugs to smuggle into your country.