Bossip Video

Dr. Ti-Ye Muhammad, who spent a good portion of the televised part of his date on “The Real Housewives Of Atlanta” with Sheree Whitfield telling her how real he is, is as much a doctor as she is a designer. And he might not have ever been exposed if he wasn’t such an attention whore.

While Sheree was hating on her psychologist would-be-boo’s choice of a date venue and the rest of us were tickled by the sunroof in his afro, a couple of people recognized Dr. Ti-Ye as the fraud that he is.

In 2005, Ti-Ye was one of the “professors” on TBS’ reality TV remix of Gilligan’s Island. And the media went looking into his credentials.

Muhammad, 35, says he’s a doctor, but he didn’t earn a Ph.D. in psychology at the school from which he has said he graduated, school records show. In fact, he attended Southern Illinois University for just one semester as an unspecified graduate student, said SIU spokesman Tom Woolf.

Muhammad said he left Clark Atlanta, where he was an associate professor in the psychology department for four years, because he wasn’t paid enough and he “no longer felt that spark” from teaching. School officials said he left after they discovered his credentials were bogus.

Muhammad said that in 1999 he founded a nonprofit organization called “Man II Man Inc., ” which his Web site states is “dedicated to uplifting, motivating and educating inner city youth.” Actually, the organization is a for-profit company, said Cara Hodgson of the secretary of state’s office.

Muhammad said he had not “filed the paperwork” to make the corporation nonprofit. “I’m still forming the board of directors, ” he said. On Tuesday, the Web site was changed to describe the organization as “community-based, ” rather than nonprofit.

What’s funny is, at that point, Muhammad had pulled off his act for years. He was a relationship expert on The Ricky Lake Show, made regular appearances on Atlanta’s Hot 107.9 (WHTA-FM) as “The Love Doctor,” did speaking engagements, was quoted in Essence, taught, mentored the youths, all that.

Then he decided he wanted to be a celebrity more. In one interview, Ti-Ye said the reason he quit teaching at Clark-Atlanta was to pursue his career as a model/actor. He’s also an author. And a poet. And clearly still playing a doctor on TV.

Maybe Sheree should invest some of her ex-hubby’s paper into eHarmony or Match.com. She might come away with something a little more real. Of course, there’s a chance we could see this thing continue to develop on the show.

In the meantime, enjoy the many faces of “Doctor” Ti-Ye Muhammad.

Source

Comments

Bossip Comment Policy
Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.