Jesus Take The Wheel: Ohio Boy Dies After Being Shot In The Head By His Older Brother

- By Bossip Staff

It’s always sad to see any young person lose his or her life, but to be murdered by your own brother? SMH…

COLUMBUS, Ohio — A 15-year-old boy who was shot in the head following a dispute inside an Apple store has died, and a new charge is possible for an older brother accused in the shooting, a prosecutor said Thursday.

Andrake Kelley died Wednesday, police homicide detectives said in a news release. He sustained a single gunshot wound to the head in the shooting that rattled shoppers Saturday night at Easton Town Center, a shopping center with upscale stores about 8 miles northeast of downtown Columbus, police said.

The boy’s brother, Andrew Kelley, 16, was charged Monday with a delinquency count of felonious assault in the shooting. Franklin County Assistant Prosecutor Dennis Hogan said he planned to meet soon with detectives about possibly amending the charge in light of Andrake Kelley’s death. Hogan declined to say what new charge could be filed.

The shooting in an outdoor area of the mall followed an altercation inside the Apple store, police have said. Detective Steve Glasure told The Columbus Dispatch words were exchanged between two groups of youths and that Andrew Kelley fired shots into the air. Police would not say if they believed he intended to shoot his brother, the newspaper reported.

Glasure did not immediately return a phone message on Thursday.

Ryan Landin, a firefighter from Mansfield in north central Ohio, said he was inside a store at Easton when several teens came running in saying there had been a shooting. Landin and his girlfriend, an EMT, went out to attend to the wounded teen.

“There wasn’t anybody around. I didn’t see any crowds. All the teens I guess that were involved in the situation must have fled,” Landin told The Associated Press on Thursday.

Andrew Kelley was held in juvenile detention Thursday awaiting a March 4 court appearance. A message was left for his attorney.

Hogan said he filed a motion seeking to have the teen tried as an adult.

R.I.P. to Andrake Kelley, and condolences to the family. Sad as it is, we hope they try the older brother as an adult, he deserves to sit down for at LEAST 30 years, if not life.

Source

More Stories From Bossip

Comments

Bossip Comment Policy
Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.