This is under investigation after ‘ole boy stated that he “did all that killing” on his own:
Norwegian police are investigating claims by Anders Behring Breivik, who has admitted carrying out Friday’s twin attacks in Norway, that he has “two more cells” working with him.
Mr Breivik made the claim as he attended his first court hearing following the bombing in Oslo and a massacre on an island youth camp.
Police have now revised down the island killings to 68 but increased the bomb death toll by one to eight.
Mr Breivik will be held for eight weeks.
Oslo police asked for Mr Breivik to be held in full isolation for the first four weeks.
Judge Kim Heger agreed, saying Mr Breivik could not receive letters or have visitors except for his lawyer.
Judge Heger said police must be able to proceed with the investigation into Mr Breivik’s claims without the accused being able to interfere. Mr Breivik had earlier said he had acted alone.
Prosecutors said that they could not rule out that someone else was involved and confirmed an investigation was underway into Mr Breivik’s claims that he had worked in a cell, or group, and that there were two other cells.
Mr Breivik has been charged under the criminal law for acts of terrorism. The charges include the destabilisation of vital functions of society, including government, and causing serious fear in the population.