Folks need to be more careful with their narcotics…especially with babies in the house:
Three people were charged after police said a toddler ingested some marijuana at their Goshen home. Officers said Joshua Smallwood and his parents, William and Kimberly Smallwood, brought the 2-year-old boy to Children’s Hospital because they said he was acting abnormally. They said the boy kept falling asleep and could not stay awake. The child tested positive for marijuana, doctors said, and a nurse called police. Tests showed the boy had eaten the marijuana, doctors said.
Police said William Smallwood and his son admitted to occasionally smoking marijuana, but they said they did not smoke in the house.Officer said they found a small amount of marijuana at their Country Lake Apartments home, which police said was filthy and not fit for a child to live in. William and Joshua Smallwood were charged with drug possession and child endangering, and Kimberly Smallwood was charged with child endangering. The elder Smallwood was convicted last year of aggravated drug trafficking.
The boy was hospitalized for several days but recovered, and he’s staying with other relatives. Police said other children were in the home at the time, and two other people may be charged.