Here are his five most venomous insults.
Ricky Gervais has been a controversial pick to host the Golden Globes since he’s crossed the line with his insults in past years. This year, he took shots at some people but it wasn’t as bad as in years before. Still, he had some zingers:
5. “Tonight you get Britain’s biggest comedian, hosting the world’s second biggest awards show on America’s third biggest network. Sorry, is it? Fourth. It’s fourth. For any of you who don’t know, the Golden Globes are just like the Oscars, but without all that esteem. The Golden Globes are to the Oscars what Kim Kardashian is to Kate Middleton. A bit louder, a bit trashier, a bit drunker and more easily bought. Allegedly. Nothing’s been proved.”
4. “What’s with all the divorces? What’s going on? Arnold and Maria, J.Lo and Marc Anthony, Ashton and Demi. Kim Kardashian and some guy no one will remember. He wasn’t around long. Seventy-two days. A marriage that lasted 72 days. I’ve sat through longer James Cameron acceptance speeches.”
3. “Who needs the Oscars? Not me. And not Eddie Murphy. He walked out on them, and good for him. But when the man who said yes to ‘Norbit’ says no to you, you know you’re in trouble. I love Eddie Murphy. He loves dressing up, doesn’t he? Versatile. He’s versatile. No, he is. Bit of trivia for you: Eddie Murphy and Adam Sandler between them played all the parts in the movie ‘The Help.’ Isn’t that brilliant. They were brilliant. I can’t believe they’re not here. Or maybe they are. They’re masters of disguise.”
2. “Justin Bieber nearly had to take a paternity test. What a waste of a test that would have been. No, he’s not the father. The only way that he could impregnate a girl was if he borrowed one of Martha Stewart’s old turkey basters.”
1. To Johnny Depp: “I want to ask you a question. And be honest. Are you on recreational drugs? I’m joking, that’s not the question. And we all know the answer. Have you seen ‘The Tourist’ yet?”
Damn, those are some heavy shots fired at Biebs and Kimmy Cakes. That’s hilarious. Bring him back next year!!!