Bossip Video

Kudos to this woman Namishay Clarke who “rang the alarm” after the lil boy hadn’t been seen in months and the rest of the neighbors who literally mobbed the Warrens crib after one-time bought their shady story that the little boy was staying with relatives!

Here’s the details:

There were no baby clothes on the line.

That’s how Namishay Clarke knew she couldn’t trust Stephanie and Alphonso Warren’s assurances that everything was okay with Joshua, their 2-year-old boy, who seemed to simply disappear from the Clifton Rd. neighborhood one day in late October.

Police were called to investigate the Warrens’ residence on Jan. 15 by neighbors who had grown suspicious and concerned when they had not seen the couple’s toddler — identified by police as Jeshurun Warren, but known to neighbours as “Baby Joshua” — in more than two months.

But after two police officers first walked away satisfied with Stephanie Warren’s explanation that the child was fine and staying elsewhere with family, an angry neighborhood mob formed.

“All of us decided that Sunday morning: We had to know,” said Courtney Boothe, who was at the front of the mob that eventually stormed the residence. Boothe says he was stabbed in the back with a kitchen knife by Alphonso, who had been hiding in a back room.

Another neighbor made the grisly discovery in a separate room, where towels had been stuffed in the window and door frames as a makeshift seal. Cellphone photos show the toddler’s corpse, bow-legged and appearing to be partially mummified.

Neighbours describe what followed as a cacophony of emotions: a crowd of about 100 people — enraged, grieving and repulsed — wept as they hurled stones at Alphonso. Others vomited at the site of the corpse, then chased the father with sticks.

Police could not control the crowd.

“Really and truly, we expected a bigger search,” said Clarke, who said she was the first to call police. “We thought we’d have to use shovels and dig up the backyard. We never expected the evidence to be in her room there waiting for us.”

A pathologist has confirmed the child was not a victim of foul play, according to Jamaican police.

The cause of death is still unknown, though neighbors said before Stephanie was taken away by police she told them the child died after eating ackee, a local fruit which can be poisonous if consumed before it has ripened. Other neighbors spoke of the Warrens’ staunch resistance to any medical interventions.

These people really ought to be ashamed because they previously lost custody of three other children after their 8-month-old daughter was found neglected in a Canadian stairwell.

The Canadian mother and Jamaican father of the toddler, who was found dead and partially decomposed inside a suitcase here last week, were criminally charged Sunday with concealing the child’s death.

Once again in police custody for shocking allegations of abuse of their own children, the Warrens are the same parents who pleaded guilty to abandoning their 8-month-old daughter, dubbed “Baby Angelica,” in a frigid Toronto stairwell four years ago. They are scheduled to appear in court here on Tuesday.

Earlier this week, Toronto police made contact with their Jamaican counterparts to apprise them of the link between the two cases.

Jamaican police were not immediately available Sunday to clarify whether the investigation had been completed, or if the couple could still face additional charges relating to the death of their child.

The couple evaded Toronto police for three-and-a-half months in 2008 as investigators searched across North America to find the parents of the abandoned, nameless child, who became known as “Baby Angelica” for her bright, cherubic features.

Eventually, the Warrens — who insisted they were not the child’s parents, even after DNA evidence confirmed the relation — were arrested about 100 kilometres west of Toronto.

“Baby Angelica” was adopted into a foster family. Her real name is protected by a publication ban.

The Warrens left Toronto shortly after the conclusion of their court proceedings in April 2009. Both parents pleaded guilty to abandoning their baby, but only Alphonso Warren was convicted criminally.

He was given a 22-month jail sentence, but granted two-for-one credit for the 11-months served in pre-trial custody and released. Stephanie Warren was found guilty under the Ontario Child and Family Services Act and ordered to pay a $300 fine.

Three of the couple’s other children were removed from the home at the time of the arrests.

Children’s Aid workers later said those children — all under 6 at the time — appeared malnourished and developmentally delayed when they were taken into custody.

Patricia Smith-Bell, the deceased toddler’s godmother, said Alphonso was vague about his Canadian legal troubles when he returned to his hometown.

“He said the government in Canada took the other babies, and he didn’t want this baby to be taken away, so he came back to Jamaica.”

Yeah back to Jamaica where they would have gotten away with neglecting another kid and not reporting his death if the neighbors hadn’t been BOUT IT! Thank goodness they took the law into their own hands. They need to be locked up for life and sterilized. SMH!


More On Bossip!

Rocky Road: A List Of Couples That Might Not Make It Past 2012

Black Casts Ain’t Extinct Yet: A List Of Some of The Best All African American Films

Real Is Overrated: The Most Notorious And Beloved Fake Celebrity Bodyparts Of All Time

ChitChatter: Beyonce Speaks For The First Time Since Having Baby Blue Ivy About The Loss Of Etta James



Bossip Comment Policy
Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.