Bossip Video

Boyfriend Murders Pregnant Girlfriend Because She Didn’t Get Abortion

Fck this guy and his irrational idiotic sickening behavior:

There is new information in the murder of Jasmine Moss, a pregnant woman found stabbed to death Friday inside her car in District Heights.

Prosecutors now say the man accused in the crime, Nathan Rogers, was supposed to be confined to his home after pleading guilty last year to first-degree assault.

According to the court affidavit filed in the case, Rogers confessed to the crime, telling police he killed Moss inside his house after she came over for a visit.

The 22-year-old was serving 18 months of home detention after pleading guilty last March. Court records show he recently requested and was denied a reduction in his sentence.

Moss was 14 weeks pregnant when police say they found her body under a tarp in the back seat of her car, which was parked around the corner from Rogers’ house in District Heights.

“We know that she visited him in his home,” said Prince George’s County State’s Attorney Angela Alsobrooks. “We believe that the murder occurred in the home and then what happened after that is under investigation, but we believe he was in his home on home detention at the time the offense occurred.”

During a bond review hearing Monday, Rogers was ordered held without bond and ordered to undergo a mental evaluation. Rogers and Moss were in a relationship. Officials say the unborn baby was his.

“Nathan Rogers could have walked away from the relationship and never had to interact with Jasmine ever again,” said Anthony Brown, Moss’ cousin. “Now we will never have the opportunity to meet the child and see Jasmine’s bright smile and witty sense of humor. We want justice for our family.”

When Moss failed to show up for work Friday morning, her mother told FOX 5 Saturday night she began calling her cell phone, sending her texts and checking Twitter to see if she had posted anything.

“I called her and her phone went straight to voice mail,” said Jenine Moss-Strong. “I sent her a text, she didn’t respond. I also looked at her Twitter account because she would always post on Twitter and she had no tweets that day.”

And as the day went on, there was no word from Moss until 6 p.m. when a detective called to say they had found her car in District Heights, with Moss’ body inside and her boyfriend being questioned.

“I noticed she hadn’t been spending as much time with him and I asked her if everything was okay and she said they were just trying to work things out, sort things out,” said Moss-Strong.

According to her mother, Moss was really looking forward to the birth of her child.

“It hasn’t really hit me totally, but I’m just devastated. I just don’t know who could do such a thing to a person. Just so cold-hearted.”

Moss’ murder comes on the heels of another tragedy for the family. In January, her uncle, Alexandria activist Lenny Harris, was found murdered in a Fort Washington well. Police believe Harris was abducted, robbed and shot to death.



Bossip Comment Policy
Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.