It’s always sad when parents outlive their children…
Sylvester Stallone’s Son Sage Found Dead From Overdose
Prescription pill bottles were found at the scene of Sage Stallone’s death, but law enforcement sources tell RadarOnline.com exclusively that it does not appear the 36-year-old committed suicide.
As previously reported, Sylvester Stallone’s oldest son was discovered unresponsive at his Studio City home Friday, dead from an apparent drug overdose.
The source tells Radar that a 911 call was placed shortly before 3 p.m. The caller said Sage wasn’t breathing at all and indicated it could be a drug overdose.
Medics arrived on the scene at 3:05 p.m. and they worked on trying to revive Sage for approximately 25 minutes before the time of death was pronounced.
Sage wasn’t taken to the hospital, instead the Coroner was called and his body was taken straight to the Coroner’s office.
“I suspect he had been dead for quite a while when he was discovered,” the source tells RadarOnline.com. “Usually medics will be at the scene for around 45 minutes but they were out of there within half an hour.
“There were a number of prescription bottles found at the scene but it did not appear to be suicide and no note was found.”
Sage’s death comes as a HUGE shock to his family and friends.
As RadarOnline.com previously reported, a close friend of Sage’s said the actor appeared to be “healthy and upbeat” when he met up with him just two weeks ago.
“I saw him two weeks ago and he seemed great,” the friend said. “He was healthy and upbeat and didn’t seem depressed at all.
“I never knew him to do drugs, not even weed, so for him to die from an overdose is kind of shocking to me.”
Sage, full name, Sage Moonblood Stallone, was Sylvester’s son from his first marriage to Sasha Czack.
An actor, director and producer, Sage appeared in the fifth installment of Sly’s biggest film franchise, Rocky, where he played the title character’s on-screen son, Robert Balboa.
In a statement released by Stallone’s camp:
“Sylvester Stallone is devastated and grief-stricken over the sudden loss of his son Sage Stallone. His compassion and thoughts are with Sage’s mother, Sasha. Sage was a very talented and wonderful young man. His loss will be felt forever.”
Thoughts and condolences to the Stallone family.
Images via WENN/Twitter
Sage Stallone was dead in his room for a minimum of 3-4 days and possibly as long as a week … this according to law enforcement sources connected with the case.
Our sources tell TMZ … Sage “lived like Howard Hughes” … he often spent days in his room which was “littered with junk,” including an enormous number of cigarette butts, beer and soda cans, and food.
We’re told there were two drawers filled with various pill bottles, some of which were “huge.”
Our sources say Sage was living like a hermit … no one had spoken with him since a week ago Friday. Although the housekeeper had been there earlier this week, she had specific ongoing instructions never to enter Sage’s room. In fact, we’re told the housekeeper was told to never even knock at the door.
Read more on TMZ