Another Day, Another Athlete Arrest: Top High School Basketball Recruit Popped For Beating Up The 26-Year-Old Mother Of His Child

- By Bossip Staff

Surprise, surprise…it’s domestic violence again!

Aquille Carr, a star basketball guard at Baltimore’s Patterson High School whose electrifying play earned him the nickname “Crimestopper,” was released from jail late Saturday after being arrested on a domestic assault charge.

Carr, 18, a 5-foot-6 point guard who was the Baltimore Sun’s two-time All-Metro player of the year, is accused of throwing his former girlfriend to the ground outside a Southeast Baltimore trade school and kicking and punching her, court records show. The rising senior announced in January that he had committed to play college basketball at Seton Hall starting with the 2013-14 season. He transferred to St. Patrick High in Elizabeth, N.J., in the spring but said he expected to return to a Baltimore school in the fall. He earned the nickname “Crimestopper” because, it is said, crime stops in East Baltimore when he’s on the court.

City school officials also declined to comment on whether the arrest could put Carr’s participation in athletics in jeopardy.

The alleged victim, identified in court papers as 26-year-old Treshonda Williams, is the mother of Carr’s daughter, Averi, who was born in March.

According to court records, Williams was inside the All-State Career School on Tuesday and was receiving phone calls and text messages from Carr.

“Ms. Williams advised Mr. Carr that she does not wish to be with him anymore, and she told Mr. Carr that the relationship was over,” an officer wrote in charging documents.

Williams said Carr asked to speak with her outside the school, and she went outside. An argument erupted, and she said Carr grabbed her by her shirt and threw her to the ground. He then is accused of kicking her in the back, and punching her in the head and face before fleeing in his vehicle, according to records.

The responding officer said Williams did not have visible injuries and refused medical attention, but complained of strong pain to her left arm and said she was unable to move it. A photograph of her face was taken as evidence, records show.


More Stories From Bossip


blog comments powered by Disqus