Bossip Video

The ‘suicide’ was organized by their grandmother who was upset that the children were returning to their Mother full-time.

The kids grandfather found notes written from his wife, son, and grandkids and immediately called police. What they found once the barricaded garage door was broken down was a parents worst nightmare.

According to The Daily Mail:

A murder-suicide involving young three children was uncovered on Monday after Ohio firefighters used sledgehammers to force open a barricaded garage door only to find a truck with the engine running and hoses leading from the exhaust into a Honda Civic.

Inside the car were the bodies of five family members. They have been identified as 54-year-old Sandy Ford, her 32-year-old son, Andy Ford, and her grandchildren, 10-year-old Paige Hayes, 6-year-old Logan Hayes and 5-year-old Madalyn Hayes.

Investigators said the relatives died of carbon monoxide poisoning. Two dogs and a cat also were found dead.

Grandfather Randy Ford returned home Monday to find suspicious notes in the house from his wife, son and grandkids. He called the police when he wasn’t able to enter the garage.

Those letters indicate that a plot was orchestrated by the kid’s grandmother and uncle amid a disagreement over who should care for the kids, police said Tuesday.

Until last week, the children had lived with Sandy Ford and her husband Randy at the house in a residential neighborhood close to the Michigan state line. Andy Ford also lived at the home.

The barricaded door and the letters made it ‘very evident that it was a murder-suicide situation,’ Toledo police Sgt. Joe Heffernan said Tuesday. He wouldn’t offer details about what was in the notes.
There were no signs that the children were forced into the car, he said.

Police said Sandy Ford had been distressed about a change in who was to care for her grandchildren.

Children’s services representatives and a family friend said the children’s mother, Mandy Hayes, had asked their grandmother to care for them about three years ago because a fourth child at the home was becoming disruptive.

But Hayes recently decided they should all return home, and the children moved back into their parents’ home last week, upsetting Hayes’ mother, said the friend, Cammie Turner.

‘Mandy wasn’t taking the kids away from her entirely,’ Turner said. ‘She wanted them home. It wasn’t like she was taking them and grandma could never see them again.’

Children services workers met with both sides of the family within the past week, most recently on Saturday, said Dean Sparks, executive director of Lucas County Children Services.

‘We only know that there were a lot of allegations back and forth,’ he said, adding that the grandmother was worried about placing the children back in the home with their 9-year-old brother, who had been disruptive in the past.

But the agency had no authority to decide who should keep the children, he said, and the parents had every right to bring them back into their home.

While the children were living with their grandparents, Hayes and her husband saw them often and went on outings to parks and the zoo, Turner said.

Turner said she never saw any indication of a strained relationship between Hayes and her mother, and they never went to court over the issue of custody.

Family members declined to comment.

So heartbreaking…RIP little babies.

Images via facebook



Bossip Comment Policy
Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.