Bossip Video

SMH. Being pressed to use that cellie can get you killed in the wild. Just ask 16-year-old Vera Oliphant, who found out the hard way that rattlesnakes are real out in Cali!

Via NYDailyNews reports:

A California teen says she won’t be looking for cell phone service in the desert anymore.

Vera Oliphant, 16, accidentally stepped into a nest of rattlesnakes while trying to pick up a cellular signal outside her uncle’s home near San Diego. She was bitten a half-dozen times on her legs and feet.

She told KSWB-TV she was preoccupied with her phone when she heard the snakes’ telltale rattle. She took a step back and landed right on the venomous reptiles.

“My body instantly started going numb,” she said.

She made it back to her uncle who rushed her to the emergency room.

Oliphant spent four days in intensive care following the Oct. 27 accident. She is now walking with the help of crutches.

Experts say it’s important to remember not to panic if you’re bitten by a snake and to seek immediate medical attention.

Oliphant also learned some important lessons.

“Well, if you’re in the desert, for one, wear boots. And two, don’t bring your cellphone or go searching for a signal because you won’t find it anyway. And you might step into a pit of rattlesnakes,” she said.

Poor thang! She’s lucky to be alive though.



Bossip Comment Policy
Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.