17 People Shot Over Holiday Weekend In Chicago
This Memorial Day weekend has been a bloody one in Chicago…
According to NBC Chicago:
With Memorial Day weekend underway, Chicago’s violence has spiked as six people were killed and at least 11 others were injured in shootings across the city. The most recent fatal shooting occurred Sunday when a 42-year-old man was shot in the head and a 44-year-old female was shot in the back on Goose Island on the Near North Side. The pair was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital where the man, identified as Charles Jones by the Cook County Medical Examiner, was pronounced dead, according to Chicago Police news affairs Officer John Mirabelli. Jones was the manager of the Factory Chicago, a gentlemen’s club on the Far South Side. A tweet from the Factory Chicago read: “God called his soldier home, R.I.P. Charles Jones.” A cousin of the female victim, Andrew Holmes, said the pair was sideswiped while driving in Jones’ 2007 Maserati and was shot while approaching the driver of the other vehicle.
– At 2:10 a.m., a 27-year-old man was shot in the armpit in the 12100 block of South Indiana Avenue. He was later pronounced dead at Advocate Christ Medical Center, police said.
– Earlier in the evening, an 18-year-old man was shot to death in an alley. The shooting occurred at 9:20 p.m. Saturday in an alley between Dorchester and Dante Avenues near 74th Street. A light-colored sedan reportedly drove passed the alley where the boy and several others were standing and began shooting. The man was struck in the head and pronounced dead at the scene. Police said the man is believed to have gang ties.
– Two other shootings occurred Saturday night including one that hospitalized a 17-year-old man with multiple wounds in both of his legs after he was shot in the 6000 block of North Kenmore Avenue.
– Another teen was shot in the 700 block of West 50th Place in the Back of the Yards neighborhood. The 19-year-old man was taken to St. Bernard Hospital in stable condition, authorities said.
– Early Saturday, a man was shot and killed in the Hyde Park community, blocks from President Barack Obama’s Kenwood home.
– Around 11:45 p.m. Friday a 22-year-old man was found fatally shot outside his home in the 1100 block of North Lawndale Avenue. The man was discovered on the sidewalk outside his home with a gunshot wound in the back of his head and was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital.
– The weekend’s first fatality involved a 17-year-old man who was shot in the head two times around 11 p.m. Friday in the West Side Austin neighborhood. The man was found in 400 block of North Central Avenue where he was pronounced dead.
– An 18-year-old man was also found wounded in the same shooting and was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital with a gunshot wound to the chest, authorities said.
At least seven others were reported injured in shootings throughout the weekend.
Wow. SMH. This violence is truly out of control!!