Leaving a child in a hot car, that’s a damn shame.
Child Dies In Hot Car After Father Leaves Him
According to The NY Daily News
An Italian toddler died from being locked in a baking hot car for eight hours after his dad went to work and forgot he was there, police said.
Luca Albanese, who was just 2 years old, was abandoned in the sweltering vehicle in the northern town of Piacenza on Tuesday.
His dad, Andrea, 39, claims he forgot to drop his son at nursery school — instead driving straight to the restaurant where he works as a chef at 8 a.m.
He then allegedly left the young boy in the car — with temperatures said to have it 140 degrees — for his entire shift.
The alarm was only raised at 5 p.m. when the boy’s grandfather went to pick him up from nursery and realized he wasn’t there.
His lifeless body was found in the car.
Investigators think he died of suffocation, reports Corrierre Della Sera.
The father is under formal investigation for manslaughter. Both he and his wife were hospitalized with shock.
An autopsy will be carried out later this week to establish the cause of death.
They were hospitalized with shock? Somebody needs to punch them upside their head and give them a real shock.