This makes no damn sense.
Woman Dislocates Jaw While Trying To Eat Burger
According to Mail Online
A woman bit off more than she could chew at a burger restaurant and was left nursing a dislocated jaw.
Nicola Peate’s jaw locked while she was eating the triple-patty ‘Kids in America Burger’ at Almost Famous in Liverpool.
Colleagues laughed it off when the incident first happened during a work night out on and after fiance Neil finished the remainder of the burger, the pair made their way home – oblivious to the seriousness of the injury.
But by the time Nicola, 25, arrived at work the next day, the pain had become unbearable.
She said: ‘I didn’t think I’d dislocated it – you don’t expect it to happen eating a burger.
‘But I tried to eat it with a knife and fork and couldn’t. I couldn’t open my mouth fully.
‘It felt like I had cramp in my tongue, then I started to get an ear ache and a headache.
‘The next morning I woke up and felt really, really ill. The whole side of my head was hurting.
‘Then it started to feel like it was in my jaw and I knew I’d dislocated it.’
An x ray in the Emergency Department at the Royal Liverpool Hospital confirmed Nicola’s fears and a doctor quickly manipulated her jaw back into place using his thumbs.
‘The minute it went back in it was like turning a tap off in my head,’ Nicola remembered. ‘All the tension just went.’
Nicola has Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS), which means she has hyper-flexible joints that are unstable and therefore prone to dislocation, so she has visited many hospitals over the years.
The clinical director of the Royal’s Emergency Department Kathryn Clark said: ‘Thankfully, incidents such as this are rare but our staff are very experienced in diagnosing and correcting dislocations.
‘I hope that in future, she takes more care when eating over-sized burgers.
‘If food is too large, we would recommend cutting it into more manageable chunks, particularly if you have Elhers-danlos syndrome.’
A spokeswoman for Almost Famous invited Nicola to enjoy a burger on them – complete with an emergency kit including cutlery and painkillers should she need it.
She said: While it’s something that people joke about quite often, this is definitely the first instance of jaw dislocation as a result of an Almost Famous burger we’ve ever heard of.’
They should have left her jaw broke for being so stupid.