I’ve been living in New York City for over 10 years and I take the subway almost daily. While I can say that my experience living here has made it so that nothing really surprises me anymore, I still seem to be amazed at the number of men who don’t offer their seats for pregnant women on public transportation. Maybe I should say I’m not surprised, but I’m definitely still bothered by it.
Behind The Fetching Fashion Of ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’
“May the odds be ever in your favor.” If you don’t know the exact origin of those words, chances are you’ve still heard them thrown around quite a bit since the release of the first Hunger Games film back in 2012. The film based on the spectacularly successful dystopian young adult novel by Suzanne Collins rocketed Jennifer Lawrence into a new orbit of fame, casting her into an extremely bright stardom much like what we saw with Kristin Stewart and her Twilight franchise.
Oprah Auctions Off Tons Of Memorabilia, Racks In $600K For Charity
The price of fame can net a variation of costs but when you’re a celebrity as big as Oprah Winfrey, you can dictate what the receipts say. Expectantly, the billionaire media personality had acquired a great deal of art, furniture and other nicks and knacks during her tenure into the world of television. And the saying goes, “one (wo)man’s trash is another (wo)man’s treasure,” so like any logical star with too much stuff on her hands, Ms. Winfrey decided to have a yard sale for the ages.
- Josh Brolin Drunken BAR Fight…Before Hugging It Out [TMZ]
- Britney’s New Single ‘Perfume’ Hits Close to Home [EvilBeetGossip}
- OBAMA URGES: Pass Major Gay Rights Legislation Now [HuffingtonPost]
- Parents of Stillborn Babies Post Hundreds of Memorials to YouTube [TheDailyBeast]
- Heidi Klum’s Halloween Bash: Her Unrecognizable Transformation+Crazy Guest Costumes [Buzznet]