A sad update in the case of the previously missing Malaysian Airlines flight
Prime Minister Confirms Missing Malaysian Airlines Flight Went Down In Indian Ocean
In a sad but predicted turn of events, Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak has now confirmed that the missing Malaysian Airlines plane went down over the Indian Ocean and that there were no survivors from the crash.
Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 went down over the southern Indian Ocean, Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said Monday, citing a new analysis of satellite data by a British satellite company and accident investigators, and apparently ending hopes that anyone survived.
The Prime Minister based his announcement on what he described as unprecedented analysis of satellite data sent by the plane by British satellite provider Inmarsat and the British Air Accidents Investigation Branch.
He said it made it clear that the plane’s last position was in the middle of the remote southern Indian Ocean, “far from any possible landing sites.”
He begged reporters to respect the privacy of relatives.
“For them, the past few weeks have been heartbreaking,” he said. “I know this news must be harder still.”
The Prime Minister’s statement came after the airline sent a text message to relatives saying it “deeply regrets that we have to assume beyond any reasonable doubt that MH370 has been lost and that none of those onboard survived.”
Very sad news. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of the families of those who were on board.