Funny Things That Happened At Summer Jam 2014
A lot of on and off-stage fun was had at this year’s Hot 97 Summer Jam 2014 concert which was held yesterday at Met Life Stadium in New Jersey, but some of the funniest moments were those that the video cameras didn’t quite catch.
BOSSIP was in the building to enjoy the festivities and see some of the biggest names hip hop rip the stage, but we also noticed a few funny things in between.
Take a look and have a laugh with us…
1. Drake showed upon on the public Summer Jam screen in a photo backstage hours before he came out as a “surprise” guest with Nicki Minaj. He also let that crowd know that he “could stay like this all day” as she wrapped her legs around him when he picked her up….ginourmous cakes and all…..as Nicki’s boo-thang Safaree stood stage-side watching it all go down.
2. 50 Cent’s mic got cut off as he was in mid-rant about refusing to wrap up his set featuring surprise guests G-Unit when instructed to do so by Hot 97 staff.
3. Meek Mill & French Montana were on stage in matching American flag gear during their performance together..
4. Drake danced in the background as Lil Wayne performed his verse from Chris Brown’s “Loyal.”
5. Despite being named the lead female in hip hop by Forbes just weeks ago, Iggy Azalea was the very first performer of the day, before the smallest crowd of the day, as Nicki Minaj headlined the entire concert. Womp.
6. Nicki Minaj tried to grind on Soulja Boy when he first came out to join her on stage for their performance, but he was too busy saying “Yaaaaaaaaaas B*tch” to notice or reciprocate.
7. Trey Songz made a second appearance on stage with G-Unit following his solo performance, but not many people noticed because there were already 567 people on the stage.
8. Nas gave MMG youngin’ “Meek Mills” a shoutout for joining him on stage. (Actual name: Meek Mill)
10. Hot 97 DJ Mister Cee played Tupac’s “Hit Em Up” but abruptly cut the song off when the crowd sang along a little too hard to the infamous “you claim to be a player but I f****d your wife” verse. He then launched into a quick rant about how the lyric was disrespectful to the memory of Biggie.