Bishop Eddie Long’s problems are continuing to mount (pun intended)! While so far the number of plaintiffs who’ve filed civil complaints against New Birth Missionary Baptist Church and it’s leader currently stands at
three four, BOSSIP sources tell us that number is rising and there’s only one logical thing for Bishop Eddie to do.
BOSSIP has learned from a well-placed source within the Church that AT LEAST 30 young men have contacted BJ Bernstein, the lawyer who filed the civil suit on behalf of Anthony Flagg, Maurice Robinson and Jamal Parris, and both Long and the Church are fearful more are coming.
Our source also tells us that Long had initially planned to step down from the Church today, however, with plans to address the congregation in this Sunday’s sermon it’s likely that he will announce his decision to take a reprieve from his duties when he is at the pulpit on Sunday.
An additional source familiar with Long and his practices at New Birth tells us that it’s a definite possibility that there could be at least that many plaintiffs, since Bishop Long selects new “Spiritual Sons” regularly and has been doing so for years!
*UPDATE* : A fourth young male member of Bishop Eddie Long’s megachurch is suing, claiming Long coerced him into a sexual relationship:
The lawsuit was filed by Spencer LeGrande, a member of New Birth Charlotte. New Birth Charlotte is a satellite church run by Long in Charlotte, N.C. The lawsuit said Long told LeGrande “I will be your dad” and invited the 17-year-old to journey to Kenya with him in July 2005. LeGrande said that Long gave him a sleeping pill on that trip and that the two engaged in sexual acts.
SMH. 30 man class action lawsuit — here we come!
Think maybe they should take “Missionary” out of the name of the church now?